Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Ms. Paris Apartment

Yes, she is going to kill me but I would not forgive myself if I didn't wish my friend Claudia Strasser a happy birthday!!!!! Yes, she turned 29 yesterday :) And partied like it was 1999 (so I was told) and she is paying for it dearly today. So let's all wish Ms. Paris Apartment a happy birthday together.

In honor of Claudia's birthday, I baked a cake. Well, let's just say, I searched on the web for the perfect cake for her. And lo and behold, I found the most amazing blog. The most amazing confections that don't even look like they could be cakes. Let me introduce you to Sedona Cake Couture. Founder and cake artist, Andrea Blaut, has been designing and creating exquisite wedding and artisan cakes for over 10 years. She has won numerous awards for her creations including being named the Ultimate Cake Off Champion in 2010, Food Network Challenge Medalist in 2008 & 2009, NACE 2008 1st Place, Best of Show & Peoples Choice, NACE 2007 1st Place, Best of Show & Peoples Choice, ACF 2007 Arizona Silver Medal - Wedding Cakes. Her cakes have been enjoyed by celebrities such as Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley.

So, Claudia, because I could not decide on which of her fabulous cakes to get you, I got you one of each of my favorites.


Who would not like a slice of Sedona Cake Couture's Peonie cake?????


Or perhaps something less indulgent????



Claudia, this little number is just for you.


But these delectable shoes are just for me!

Bon Appetit!!! And Happy Birthday, Claudia.

9 comments:

  1. OMG Karina, you are an angel! But how could you give away my age like that!?
    ;p
    I absolutely AdOrE the cakes and will choose...hmmm, let's see...the shoes! How fabulous are they? And you too for thinking of me. Thank you dear friend, I'm so glad to know you and can't wait to start on some of the adventures we have planned! You're the best!!! xoxoc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I see you claimed the shoes so I'll have to be happy with the Birkin bag! Not to shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Claudia!

    And, Karina, you are so sweet to share with us her birthday!
    I hope all is well with you!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday to a true Queen!

    I hope you have a blessed birthday! Merci Karina for sharing there amazing images:))

    Royal wishes,
    Daisy
    LaPetitePlume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I missed the part-eeeee ...
    Claudia ... you rock, girl
    I say we should all on the Mag Mile for a cocktail and a girl day in the windy city

    there are two girls in the city who make cakes like this ... their business is called ..."the cake girls"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful sweet creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cakes!

    Karina, I cited your blog in my post on beautiful European blogs!

    Tootles,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Move over girls, Birthday or not the pink shoes are MINE!!!!!! Now I am off to look at cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
    Plafonniers

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.